I am going to be doing beyond next school year......

This folder contains helpful past threads about Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory. They are placed here by the adminstrator for you to view.
lynne

I am going to be doing beyond next school year......

Post by lynne » Sat May 24, 2008 3:16 pm

with my 2nd/3rd grade dd----then if all goes well we will continue with the Bigger. Will this be too repetitive for her? I am not sure about doing American History 2 years in a row!
~Lynne
wife and mother to 3 beautiful children
Psalm 23
He leads me every step of the way!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat May 24, 2008 3:28 pm

Welcome to the HOD board Lynne! Beyond... covers early American History from 1565-1865, and Bigger...covers American history from the 1500's-1970's. We did Beyond... a year ago, and Bigger... this year, and we did not find it redundant. In fact, my ds enjoyed "knowing" some of the people we were studying in history in Bigger... from Beyond..., and history was still done in a new and fresh way. The history activities and the notebooking in Bigger... is just done in a more grown-up way for that age. Also, the Bible study is even more history-linked and has deeper discussions than in Beyond... Even the living books used for the history in Bigger... were more "grown-up". I did enjoy Beyond... very much, but I'm just trying to say that Bigger... took a more grown-up look at American history, that made it feel completely new, while at the same time, nicely familiar. Hope that makes sense!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Sat May 24, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi Lynne! (That's my middle name, by the way. :wink: ) We'll be doing Beyond next year, too. I think the approach to Am. Hist. is completely different in both programs. I think Bigger is a biographical approach to am. hist. and Beyond covers events and other aspects......so they're both am. hist. but covered differently. I've not done either one yet, so hopefully someone who has done one of them will pop in. :D
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Sat May 24, 2008 3:32 pm

We posted at the same time! :lol: I was hoping Julie would answer!
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

lynne

Post by lynne » Sat May 24, 2008 6:28 pm

Thanks Julie! Yes, that makes perfect sense.
You know it seems that I only start having doubts after praying over it and getting the confirmation I need. Hmmm.
... :?

Thanks for the help and for once again confirming my decision! :D
Thank you too Melanie!
~Lynne
wife and mother to 3 beautiful children
Psalm 23
He leads me every step of the way!

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sun May 25, 2008 2:33 pm

OH I LOVE THIS POST!

First of all, I didn't even think of this question. I am using Beyond as well :D I love the answers we've received Lynne :wink:
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/