New to HOD....

This folder contains helpful past threads about Little Hearts for His Glory. They are placed here by the adminstrator for you to view.
LeAnna

New to HOD....

Post by LeAnna » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:02 am

I had a couple of questions. I am going to be homeschooling my two oldest kids with Kindergarden set. One will be 4 1/2, but is a bit advanced, and the other will be 5 1/2. Will I be okay with the 2A and 2B math, or do I need to order the 1A and 2A first and go through that with them over the summer???
Also does the LHFHG have a lot of projects and activities that I can keep on file for them?

Thanks so much!
Mom to three

Melanie

Re: New to HOD....

Post by Melanie » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:03 pm

callygrl03 wrote:Will I be okay with the 2A and 2B math, or do I need to order the 1A and 2A first and go through that with them over the summer???
Also does the LHFHG have a lot of projects and activities that I can keep on file for them?
There was a thread not to long ago about this and I believe everyone felt it was OK to just start with 2A. (I'm hoping one of our Singapore moms will jump in on this one! :) )

I'm not sure I totally understand your next question, but if you're referring to "portfolio" type projects/activities, then yes, there will be plenty of things to go in a portfolio when you have finished. I bought some nice ones for my kiddos this year and they are bulging full and we're only half done! :D

You're going to love Little Hearts, and welcome to the boards! :D
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

LeAnna

New to HOD....

Post by LeAnna » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:16 pm

Yes, I was wondering if there are lots of things to put in a portfolio or if it was more like Sonlight where there aren't very many paper projects.

I am excited to try Little Hearts!! If anyone has used Singapore 2A and 2B with small children without using 1A and 1B, I would love to hear how it worked for you!!:)

Thanks much!
LeAnna

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:20 pm

Welcome mom to three! We're glad to have you here! :D

As to your Singapore Math questions, here's a link to a previous thread that will help: http://www.heartofdakota.com/board/view ... =singapore

There are many other threads about Singapore on the board too, so I just grabbed one that was similar.

I'm sure other moms will chime in to welcome you! Feel free to ask any other questions you have. The moms on the board are wonderful about helping each other! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:25 pm

Here's another math thread that may help:
http://www.heartofdakota.com/board/view ... ybird+math

Blessings,
Carrie

Candice

Post by Candice » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:18 pm

LeAnna,

Welcome to the boards, glad to have you here!

Candice

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:40 pm

Hi LeAnna! We're doing LHFHG now for the second time, and trust me, you will have enough wonderful things to put in a portfolio! As Melanie said, ours is bulging too! We use a big 3 ring binder and plastic sleeves, and it's going to be a very neat keepsake as well as a great record of what we've done.

As far as the Singapore math, it's great! And the hands-on math activities in the guide make it very easy to do. I would do the matching 2A/2B with it. I think you will be fine. My son is doing 2A/2B now, and he'll be 5 in March. I bought 1A/1B to do with him too, with the thought that he may need that first, just as you are saying. I ended up giving them to him for fun just to work through at his own pace now, because the hands-on part in the LHFHG guide made 2A/2B so easy to do. You may want to check out the math website Carrie suggested, just to be sure though. That will certainly make you sure of your decision.

Be sure to let us know how it's going - we love to keep enlarging our "HOD family" here, and it's just great to encourage one another and celebrate together!

In Christ ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

LeAnna

New to HOD....

Post by LeAnna » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:59 pm

Thank you Julie,

I feel better about starting the Singapore math 2A and 2B. I think we will just go ahead with that, and if we need to take it a bit slower we will.
I am happy to know that we will have a portfolio full too!!:) I can't wait!!

Thank you,
Mommy to three