Question

This folder contains helpful past threads about Little Hearts for His Glory. They are placed here by the adminstrator for you to view.
inHistiming

Question

Post by inHistiming » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:42 pm

I have used BLHFHG with my daughter, and plan to use BHFHG next year with her. I was thinking I would use LHFHG with my then 5 year old, but he will have just turned 5 in June. So, I'm wondering if it will be too much for him. He knows his letters, is learning the letter sounds now, and is able to "copy" pretty well already. I'm also thinking ahead, and wondering if his getting to BHFHG by 2nd grade would be too much. What do you all think?

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:00 pm

inHisTiming,

I think it sounds like your little one is right on track skill-wise to do "Little Hearts...". My young 5 is still learning his letters and sounds and still learning to copy letters, yet he is doing fine with "Little Hearts.." (although we are doing it at half-speed to keep it light for him). So, my advice would be that he is ready to move on to LHFHG. Yeah! :D

Our programs are much more based on skill-level than age, and it sounds like your little guy is there.

You may want to post over on the main board to get others feedback, just in case the ladies don't see your post here!

Blessings,
Carrie

inHistiming

Thanks, Carrie.

Post by inHistiming » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:12 pm

We must have been typing at the same time. If I start with him now with LHFHG, he should be ready to just keep moving up each year?