Need help knowing what to order

This folder contains helpful past threads about Little Hearts for His Glory. They are placed here by the adminstrator for you to view.
we8n20fans

Need help knowing what to order

Post by we8n20fans » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:01 am

Hello, I am very interested in this curriculum. My son is 1st grade. I am confused on what I need to buy and how much it is going to cost me. I def want what I need for the curriculum. Esp math. What comes with the economy pack all listed plus math and science. So confused. Thanks God Bless

water2wine

Re: Need help knowing what to order

Post by water2wine » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:18 am

I am guessing you are talking about Little Hearts for His Glory for first. We are using that program and it is wonderful. I think I can help you with what to order. Some of it depends on your child's reading and math level so I will give you some ways to determine where to go.

So for Little Hearts for His Glory you need:

-ECONOMY PACKAGE this is mandatory
-BASIC PACKAGE you need this really it has it listed as unless you have it covered in some other way to me it is a big part of the program so I really recommend it. Notice Math is there you will need to choose the level that best fits your child or use your own math. Click on the Math for more information and you may want to go to http://www.singaporemath.com if you need more information to know where to place your child. We are loving Singapore for our little ones.
- Then you need to go to the yellow box on this page (which is the same for everything) http://www.heartofdakota.com/little-hearts-packages.php here you want to decide to either use the Bible for your reading or one of the two story books. We use 101 Favorite Stories from the Bible and have really enjoyed it. Then you pick a handwriting program. We use Italic A (K) but the other program is good too just personal preference. Then move down and you need phonics. You can use whatever you like. We use the Reading Lesson with the CD and really enjoy it. To me it is the most effortless phonics program I have ever used.

It can seem confusing until the first day you use the program and you will see how wonderfully it all fits. Carrie gives you options and that is really a nice feature of HOD. You can really get the perfect fit for your family.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I confused you more. :lol:

Welcome to HOD! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

my3sons

Re: Need help knowing what to order

Post by my3sons » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:08 am

Water2wine did an awesome job of helping out there! If you're still not sure which HOD program to do, you can start with the placement chart: http://www.heartofdakota.com/placing-your-child.php

Be sure to let us know your thoughts about that chart, like where your child falls in age, reading, writing, and math - and we'll all pitch in and help you get your order customized just right for your family! Keep on posting, moms are great here about helping each other! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie