math with "little hearts"

This folder contains helpful past threads about Little Hearts for His Glory. They are placed here by the adminstrator for you to view.
6timeboymom

math with "little hearts"

Post by 6timeboymom » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:05 am

how easy would it be to use my own math curriculum with the little hearts curriculum? I've loved how i could sub what worked for us in "little hands" and I'm looking ahead to next year.

I think it would be pretty easy, but I thought I'd ask in case there was something I didn't know! :-)
thanks!
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:23 am

I think it is very easy to do. I am currently using this program and I am using Horizons K w/ my dd. I just schedule it in each day and it is working just fine. HTH!

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:08 am

Agreeing with beandip.....very easy. We are using RightStart with Little Hearts and I plan to continue with RightStart as we move into Beyond. You should use the program the works for *your* family. :wink:
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

hippiechyck

Post by hippiechyck » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:27 pm

i plan on continuing my older son with MathUSee once we get our "Bigger Hearts" books
~*~Barbara~*~
using LH and BLH with the boys, ages 8.5 and 5

Blither Blather~~~Headmistress's Office

familymgrkendra

Post by familymgrkendra » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:56 pm

We are using Modern Press Curriculum K Math with Little Hearts.
Kendra Neal
Frugal Family Manager to:
DH-Harlin
Joshua 6yrs, Nathan 4yrs, Daniel 3yrs

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:55 pm

That's one of the benefits of our programs! You can definitely use your own math. It's not hard to use the things that work for your family and then let our guides fill in all the rest. And... if for some reason your math takes a turn and is no longer working for you, you have a back up plan with Singapore in your Little Hearts guide.

Blessings,
Carrie

Busymomma1

Math

Post by Busymomma1 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:26 pm

I am using both Math U See and Singapore. I wasn't sure which one I'd like better, so did both! I'm going to continue on with Math U See next year. But it has been VERY EASY to substitute. And...It is great to have the extra math activities that are included in LH as well. Adds an extra fun, game-like element to some of the math topics.
Tricia
Married for 14 great years!
Mom to DD (10)
DS #1 (9)
DS #2 (6)

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:46 am

I also have switched to Math U See its really easy to incorporate. I wish singapore would have worked for us. But M.U.S s way less tear filled. Singapore with Carries instructions is fun! and cheaper! but singapore made leaps my kid just isn't making, so she needs those concrete objects that don't change from day to day.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:57 pm

Carrie, that's the number one reason benefit I always give when I tell someone about the program! the structured flexibility! :-)
I couldn't imagine that would change with the guides I haven't used yet, but thought I should ask. :-) thank you!
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:13 pm

Darci,

You've gotten some helpful responses from the wonderful ladies on this board. As you can see we are each making the Heart of Dakota programs work for our family in different ways. At Heart of Dakota we do strive for "structured flexibility" when we write our programs, so your words blessed me today!

Thank you :)
Carrie