DITHOR for Missions

If you have used "Drawn Into the Heart of Reading", please share your experience with us.
Momof1DD

DITHOR for Missions

Post by Momof1DD » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:58 pm

Hi - I have the books for DITHOR for Missions but did not purchase the teacher or student guides. This is our first year with HOD. Do I really need these or can I just have her read the books on her own with the suggested time frame for each? She is 13 yr old 8th grader and we chose the 7/8 girl pack. Many of the books listed she could actually read in a day or two. Basically - what i am trying to figure out is if there is a "best" order in which to read the books as do they coincide with topic of study within Missions or can she just read them in any order? Thanks for your help!

StephanieU

Re: DITHOR for Missions

Post by StephanieU » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:12 am

The teacher and student book have all of the analysis instructions in them. Without it, it is merely reading bikes. With it, you are doing a true literature course. The books are read over 5-15 days to allow for time to really study the book, diff drop, and analyze things. I wouldn't think just reading world prepare them for high school literature. It would be fine in the earlier years, but by Rev2Rev and MtMM, I think something like DITHOR is necessary.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)