Help with scheduling

If you have used "Drawn Into the Heart of Reading", please share your experience with us.
Candkboon

Help with scheduling

Post by Candkboon » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:33 pm

Hello, just trying to figure out as my kids get older how to use DITHOR. I have been using this reading program from the beginning and love it. My oldest daughter is in Resurrection to Reformation this year. In the past, we have been able to do all 9 of the genres each year as I would double up chapters to be able to complete the full DITHOR curriculum. I am getting to the point though, with the intensity of reading in the full curriculum, that having her double up on chapters is getting more difficult for time management. I don't like the idea of skipping genres because we ran out of time, but I am curious if that is typically how DITHOR works? I see DITHOR is used 3 days a week in her curriculum, and when given the time frame for each genre, I don't see how all 9 genres can be completed. Just curious if I am missing something, or if only 6 or so genres are expected to be completed each year? I am a box checker, complete every lesson type of person, so this is hard for me to give up the idea of finishing the full 9 genres :) Thanks for any input you have! ~Kim

kyleefeagan

Re: Help with scheduling

Post by kyleefeagan » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:14 pm

You are correct in that you cannot complete all 9 genres when it is scheduled 3 days per week. You'll only get halfway or so, then complete the rest the next year.

StephanieU

Re: Help with scheduling

Post by StephanieU » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:19 am

My kids only do 4-5 genres of the workbook a year. But I have them read the other books as free reads over breaks. So it takes 2 years to do a workbook, but they do a book pack each year. Since there are only three workbooks, this works well.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)